Photographer & videographer
Educator & Coach
The professional stuff:
I am a photographer and videographer with 12 years experience as a professional in the field. I have run my freelance business for the last 10 years, worked in ten different countries with hundreds of clients in fashion, travel and portraiture!
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, and a diploma in Professional Photography. I am certified in coaching and business foundations and have done loads of training in social media and marketing.
I am here because I have a passion for teaching, and I truly believe in the power of community, because in our industry, we are stronger together! I have taught photography in 6 different countries to over 100 student around the world,
The personal stuff:
I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, moved to Canada at age 16, and begun traveling the world shortly after. I am now based in Bali, Indonesia, I lived in 4 different countries, traveled 52, and speak 2.5 languages. Spanish is my first language, and the half is Italian (currently I am also learning Bahasa Indonesian).
Photography is my career, my passion, and my biggest hobby, but somehow I still have time to do other things I love:
- I've been riding motorcycles since 2014. I owned 5 bikes so far!
- I love music and I'm a classic rock kinda gal. I love to sing and I can play a few chords on the piano and the ukulele (fun fact: the first instrument I've ever learn was the drums, and when I was in my early 20s I played the bass in a band).
- Going to the movies is probably my most favourite thing to do. I'm a film nerd, and I am mildly obsessed with Wes Anderson.
- I love to read all kinds of books, my favourite three I read lately are: "Humankind: A Hopeful Story", "Surrounded by Idiots", and "Everything is Figureoutable"
- My favourite cardio is roller skating, and my favourite meditation is scuba diving!
- I love shooting film and I think every photographer should try it!
I love to chat photography, business and lifestyle. If you want to get to know me better, this is a great place to start
Author Your Life Podcast
In this episode Sam talks openly about following your dreams, finding your people, and stepping outside the box to discover what's possible!
Creators Project Interview
The purpose of the Creators Project is to shine a light on creative and talented individuals across the media and entertainment industries.
The Conscious Creators Podcast
Interview about doing business as a modern day creative with Samanta Katz. The struggle of the artist/entrepreneur .
Latest Instagram Posts
Resources, motivation, and special offers delivered to straight your inbox
Sign up for my e-mail list